I’ve just uploaded some new photos on Flickr.
Since discovering Flickr (and since becoming a Pro member courtesy of StÃ©phane), I have become an addict. I spend hours everyday creating sets, changing the metadata of existing photos (especially the old ones i.e. those I did on my film camera) and viewing slideshows with awe. I’ve obviously joined some groups and I have started contributing photos and comments. I must be feeling like Christopher Columbus felt just after discovering America…
Flickr is fantastic! Try it!
By the way, I have adopted the following workflow:
- Import all photos from my digital camera to a folder using Image Capture on my MacBook (I simulatenously rename all photos (from IMGxxxx.jpg to YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.jpg) using the free and absolutely great ExifRenamer application),
- Import all the renamed photos to iPhotoÃ‚Â and only use film rolls for organisation,
- Delete all crap photos (have no mercy!),
- Beautify what remain (crop, enhance, retouch…),
- Tag the best ones with a specific keyword (I use Flickr),
- Upload those ones using Flickr Uploadr (more precisely the latest beta version as the stable version has stopped working),
- Create a new set or update existing sets on Flickr,
- Announce to the world (my weblog and some family mailing list) that something fantastic has just happened ;-)