Yeah. I know. I’m getting old and I (probably) like drinking whisky more than beer now. Who knew this would happen one day!?!
Anyway, here is my current (January 2019) selection of whisky. I already have some of them and I still need to buy a few:
- Single Malt Tier 1: Lagavulin 16 Year Old (already have) andÂ Glenlivet 15 Year OldFrench Oak Reserve (need to buy)
- Single Malt Tier 2: Glenfiddich 15 Year Old Solera (need to buy) andÂ Glenfiddich Select CaskÂ (already have one since yesterday!)
- Blended Tier 1: Johnnie Walker Green Label 15 Year Old (need to buy) andÂ Nikka Blended WhiskyÂ (need to buy)
- Blended Tier 2: Johnnie Walker Double Black (already have) andÂ Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year OldÂ (not really needed as I already have the Double Black but I’ll get a bottle just in case…)
- Blended Tier 3: Ballantine’s Finest (already have) andÂ Teacher’s Highland Cream (apparently better than Ballantine’s so I need to get a bottle)
- Blended Tier 4: The Famous Grouse (much better than the King Robert II and I’ll get a bottle soon) andÂ King Robert IIÂ (already have)
So I’m looking forward to experience theÂ Glenfiddich Select Cask.
And I’ll definitely get one bottle each ofÂ Teacher’s Highland Cream andÂ The Famous Grouse to replace myÂ Ballantine’s Finest.
Of course, I’m also looking forward to buy aÂ Glenlivet 15 Year OldFrench Oak Reserve, a Glenfiddich 15 Year Old Solera, aÂ Johnnie Walker Green Label 15 Year Old and a Nikka Blended Whisky when I travel.
What do you think? What about you? Are you a fan of whisky as well?
I’m enjoying this Glenmorangie right now :)
Avinash Meetoo says
That’s nice. I really want to try the Glenlivet now. Have you?
Tony Wong says
Hi Avinash, we were crossing each other at Safe And Sound till 2008 when I was dropping my eldest son Benjamin born in 2004.
I try to build and taste a large selection of single malts.
I do not have the Lagavulin 16 years old yet, but my current favorite for peated, smoky and medicinal whisky is the Laphroaig 10 years.
The Glenlivet 15y was on sale in Mauritius for CNY at The Winestore with 25% discount at Rs 2246.25. There you can also buy Laphroaig 10Y which you do not find in many duty free shops.
For everyday drink, I recommend Teacher’s Highland Cream (high in peated malt) which is always on sale at Intermart.
Avinash Meetoo says
Thanks for your suggestions. I’ll get the Glenlivet and, probably, as per your recommendations, the Laphroaig 10 Year Old as well.
I made a trip to Rodrigues last week and I purchased a bottle of Monkey Shoulder, a mix of three different Speyside single malts. I have not yet had the chance to test it in good conditions. Maybe tonight :-)
Also, I’m looking forward to taste the Teacherâ€™s Highland Cream. I have had it in the past in parties but I would like to better evaluate it. I intend to replace my Ballantineâ€™s Finest with it.
Greg Zyn says
I have always been a really big fan of your whiskey collection because you always shave something unique in it. I would really appreciate it if you can just start writing reviews.