NASDAQ-100 is a stock market index of 100 of the largest domestic and international non-financial companies listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange based on market capitalization.
Of course, as you all know, I’m not interrested at all by the the stock market. And money in general. Isn’t it ? :-)
What is interesting is that the NASDAQ-100 index is a weighted average and there are some companies that financial analysts value more than others.
For instance, today, the top 10 contributors to NASDAQ-100 are :
- Microsoft Corporation (20% contribution compared to the other 9 only)
- QUALCOMM Incorporated (15%)
- Intel Corporation (10%)
- Apple Computer, Inc. (9%)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (9%)
- Nextel Communications, Inc. (8%)
- Dell Inc. (8%)
- eBay Inc. (8%)
- Amgen Inc. (8%)
- Comcast Corporation (6%)
So who are they ? I’ve categorised them by (primary) sector of activity.
- Microsoft Corporation is the incarnation of the Devil. N’est ce pas ? :-)
- QUALCOMM Incorporated pioneered CDMA and is now developing CDMA2000 and UMTS.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. is the leader in networking for the Internet.
- Nextel Communications, Inc. has the largest all-digital wireless network in the USA.
- Comcast Corporation builds broadband cable networks and provides content.
- Intel Corporation builds loads and loads of processors…
- Apple Computer, Inc. builds the fantastic iPod’s and Mac’s.
- Dell Inc. sells computers not as sexy as Apple’s but still…
- eBay Inc. is the biggest online marketplace for new and used items.
Non computer or network related
- Amgen Inc. is a pharmaceutical company.
Networks and the Internet rule !
Leave a Reply